Today in “Brilliant Ideas It’s Hard to Believe No One Ever Thought of Before”: there is a gay AC/DC cover band from Los Angeles called GayC/DC. Their guitarist dresses like a school girl; their drummer calls himself ‘Phellatio Rudd.’
And if you think their name is funny, you should hear what they do with AC/DC’s song titles and lyrics:
- “Let There Be Rock” = “Let There Be Cock”
- “Whole Lotta Rosie” = “Whole Lotta Jose”
- “Problem Child” = “Bottom Child”
- “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” = “Dirty Dudes Done Dirty Cheap”
- “Bad Boy Boogie” = “Gay Boy Boogie”
- “TNT” = “PNP” (“Party ‘n Play”)
And, of course:
- “Big Balls” = “Big Balls”
But the band is more than just a collection of clever puns. They’ve also bridged at least one serious divide between the hetero and homosexual members of the metal community: in 2015, they performed with Sebastian Bach, he of the infamous ‘AIDS Kills Fags Dead’ shirt.
But to me, the best part of GayC/DC, truly, is the thought of how furious they must make a certain portion of AC/DC’s audience. Here’s hoping they get to tour with Womanowar someday.
read on: https://ift.tt/2NJXLPv